What is PAN full form, what is a PAN card, what is the use of a PAN card, how to know the PAN status. If you are looking for answers to these questions related to PAN, then this post is for you only.
Today I am going to give you information about PAN in this post. I hope that whatever you want to know about PAN, you will definitely get in this post. If you want to understand better about PAN, then read this post completely.
PAN Full Form
It's Called Permanent Account Number and in Hindi स्थाई खाता संख्या. It is a 10 letter Alphanumeric Code which is provided as a laminated card by the Income Tax Department.
What is PAN Card?
Friends, you must have heard the word PAN at some time or if you pay Income Tax, then you must have a PAN card. A few years ago PAN is not used much. If you remember on 8 November 2016
It is issued by the Indian Income Tax Department under the supervision of the Central Board of Direct Tax (CBDT). This identification also serves as an important proof. PAN card is unique for every person and it remains valid throughout the lifetime of the holder in India.
Meaning Of PAN Number
Like I just told you that it is an Alphanumeric Code which consists of 10 Letters. All these PAN card holders are unique. It consists of five Alphabet in the beginning, followed by four Digits and finally another Alphabet.
- The first three Alphabet (ABC) of this number are in the series from AAA to ZZZ.
- Fourth Alphabet describes the Card Holder. Whatever can be done like this.
- A — Association of Persons (AOP)
- B — Body of Individuals (BOI)
- C — Company
- F — Firm
- G — Government
- H — HUF (Hindu Undivided Family)
- L — Local Authority
- J — Artificial Juridical Person
- P — Individual
- T — Trust (AOP)
- K — Krish (Trust Krish)
- If the fourth character is "P", then in that case the Fifth character will be the first letter of the person's Surname, if the fourth character is not "P", then in the Fifth character, there is an Entity, Trust, Society, Organization, HUF, etc. Name will be First Letter
- The next four numbers (1234) can be between 0001 to 9999.
- Last Letter is an Alphabetical Letter obtained by applying a formula to the first nine letters and numbers.
Use of PAN Card
- To fill Income Tax Return.
- To open an account in any bank.
- If you buy or sell any carry over Rs 5 Lakh.
- If you say apply for Credit or Debit Card.
- If you ask to buy more than 5 Lakh rupees Jewelry.
Apart from this, PAN card is required in many other places.
How to know PAN status?
To get all kinds of information related to PAN Card, two Authorized Centers have been created in the Government of India -
- UTI Technology Service Ltd. (UTITSL)
- National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL)
If you have applied for PAN Card in UTI Center or any of its Franchise Office, then you have to go to UTI PAN Status website and write the Capcha Code given below by writing Application Coupon number received from UTI Center and on Submit Click has to be done.
If you have applied for PAN card in NSDL Center or any of its Franchise Office, then you have to go to the NSDL PAN Status website and there you have to write the Capcha Code given below by writing the Acknowledgement Number received from NSDL Center and click on Submit Have to pay tax.
Read Also : TIN Full Form
Read Also : INDIA Full Form
Hello friends, hope you have liked this PAN Full Form - What is PAN Number?. If you have any question or suggestion related to this post, then comment below and share this post with your friends.